About Bury Lane
A flower farm at heart
Starting life as a small hut on an orchard over 35 years ago, Bury Lane has now grown into a unique destination with a farm shop, butchers, fishmongers, delicatessen, cafe, garden shop and children’s indoor Fun Barn and outdoor Beach play areas
Family run flower farm
We are a truly independent, family-run business and at our heart is a flower farm growing millions of oriental lilies, peonies and agapanthus for sale throughout the UK and in our own Farm Shop in Melbourn on the borders of Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire. We are also a large scale grower of asparagus and strawberries, offering Pick Your Own soft fruit at the height of the season. We have a large free car park and with something for everyone, our staff offer a warm, knowledgeable and friendly service seven days a week.
Accessible to all
- We are fully accessible with dedicated blue badge parking spaces
- Step-free access to all parts of the farm shop, cafe, garden shop and downstairs at the Fun Barn
- Disabled toilet facility
- Two free wheelchairs available for customer use when visiting. Staff always on hand and happy to assist.
What are we doing to make a difference?
- We use solar energy and bio mass pellets as fuel for our heating and air conditioning
- We recycle all our cardboard
- We use recycled and recyclable containers for our PYO strawberries
- We are happy for customers to bring their own containers for fruit, vegetables, deli produce and fresh meat
- We sell reusable veg bags and beeswax wraps
- We sell reusable shopping bags and Bury Lane’s own hessian bags
- We recycle our delivery boxes and trays for customers to use, stacked near the checkouts
- We sell a good range of Ecover products, including refills
- We do not use any peat on the farm, all flowers are in a recycled growing medium
- We use specialist LED lighting for our glasshouses